Friday, July 18, 2014

Second Chances, by H.M. Ward and Stacey Mosteller

Second ChancesSecond Chances by H.M. Ward and Stacey Mosteller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When I found out that H.M. Ward and Stacey Mosteller were going to coauthor a book together, I lost my sh**. Actually, I fainted first and then I lost my sh**. Seriously though, I was ecstatic! 2 of my favourite authors (and favourite people) working together on the same book? It was unbelievable news! Now that I have this e-book (ARC) in my hot little hands, I'm close to cradling it to my heart and calling it "my precious".

OK, enough with the gushing and on to actual reviewing.

I love a good tear jerker once in a while and this one really hits the spot. It was ugly, loud, sobbing tears, right in the middle of the local coffee shop, making a couple patrons quite uncomfortable to be sitting close to me. Yes, there was the obvious sadness from the beginning of the story, which I kind of expected, but what floored me was the wave of emotions that overtook me when I started remembering my own feelings of loss and mourning that I felt a couple years back, remembering a dear friend that is no longer. Once the tears stopped, it was great to remember the good times, bringing the memories back to mind.

Tear inducing moments aside, this story is funny, sexy and heartfelt. It's filled with loveable characters and relatable situations! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to hire a lawn boy... because, really, every woman needs her own Daniel!

As for coauthoring, I know these 2 authors' writing styles so well and they blended together seamlessly. Every once in a while I'd smile because I'd recognize a trademark comment by one or the other but, other than those little moments, it was impossible to tell who wrote what. What a kickass team!!!

This is a stand alone novel (for H.M. Ward fans, THIS IS NOT A FERRO story although I've read on her FB page that there is supposed to be a Ferro appearance in the official version... it was purposefully omitted in the ARC version for more suspense!)

View all my reviews

Video teaser:

No comments:

Post a Comment