Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sincerely, Carter, by Whitney G.

Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1)Sincerely, Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A nice feel good read - best friend romance

I thoroughly enjoyed Sincerely, Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams. This was my first read by this author and was glad I picked it up. I'm looking forward to reading more titles by her (and did I see a Sincerely, Arizona listed on Goodreads???).

It took me 20% into the book to REALLY get into it but once things started happening, I had trouble putting it down. I got attached to the characters, both male and female. The friendship between the two main characters is wonderful and I liked getting occasional little glimpses into how their friendship evolved through the years with scattered flashbacks. I enjoyed the fact that sexuality didn't overpower the book. I'm all for sexy time in a story but I admire an author who knows how to not cross the line between free gratuitous sex and using the sexual encounters to move the story forward and make the characters evolve. Whitney Gracia Williams manages to do this beautifully in Sincerely, Carter.

18+ for explicit sexual content and language.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment